- 1 cup / 225 g pinto, rosecoco or borlotti beans, almost cooked
- ½ pound / 225 g cassava / manioc or potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- When the beans are almost cooked, add the cassava / manioc or potato chunks and boil for 10 minutes or so until they are all tender.
- While this is happening, heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion gently until it turns golden.
- Add the celery and let it soften.
- Now drain the beans and cassava / manioc or potatoes and add them to the pan with the onion and celery.
- Mash the beans and cassava / manioc or potatoes a little, season, and mix everything well.
- Allow the mixture to heat through and blend for 5 – 10 minutes before serving with a green vegetable and piquant sauce such as kachumbari.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.