- 3 ea garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ts chili powder
- 1 tb cumin
- 1 tb Coriander
- 2 ts turmeric
- 1 tb Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 c Desiccated coconut
- 1 c Black-Eyed Peas, cooked
- 1 c potatoes, diced & parboiled
- lime juice or lemon juice to taste
- 2 tb coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Heat the oil & sizzle the garlic together with the chili powder for half a minute.
- Next, add the cumin, coriander, turmeric & cilantro leaves.
- Cook for another minute or two, stirring often to blend.
- Add the coconut & mix this in too.
- Add the cooked beans & potatoes.
- Season & then pour in the lime or lemon juice.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or so until everything is blended together.
- They serve with green vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.