- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup black-eyed peas, cooked
- 1 cup potatoes, diced and parboiled
- lime juice or lemon juice to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Heat the oil and sizzle the garlic together with the chili powder for half a minute.
- Next, add the cumin, coriander, turmeric and cilantro leaves.
- Cook for another minute or two, stirring often to blend.
- Add the coconut and mix this in too.
- Add the cooked beans and potatoes.
- Season and then pour in the lime or lemon juice.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or so until everything is blended together and then serve with green vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.