Bebek Goreng is a delightful Indonesian dish that is made from duck. It is succulent and juicy, and it certainly puts a smile on your face once you take a bite into it. Due to its popularity, this decadent dish is served all around the globe at popular restaurants and resort establishments. But if you love cooking or have a little bit of culinary know-how this dish is very easy to make. Read on the recipe below and treat your self to a good and delicious meal from the comfort of your home.
- 4 pieces duck meat
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (crushed)
- 2 lime leaves
- 5gm fresh ginger
- 5gm galangal kencur
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 5gm galangal
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. shrimp paste
- Gently massage the cut cubes of duck adding all the seasonings and let it sit for several hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add in the spiced duck, lemongrass, bay leaf and lime leaves.
- Stir fry it until the meat gets stiff and turns white
- Add in a little bit of water and cook over low heat until the meat becomes tender.
- Remove, let cool.
- Heat oil over medium heat and fry it again until the meat becomes dry.
- Remove from the oil and drain
- Serve hot with Peanut Sauce