Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 Servings.
- 3½ pounds thin cut beef brisket
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and honey
- ½ tsp each ground cloves, cinnamon and ginger
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 cup each prunes and apricots
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Season brisket with ¼ tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add brisket, brown 5 minutes on each side.
- Add onions to pan drippings, saute 5 minutes or until golden.
- Mix broth, vinegar, honey, spices and remaining salt in a bowl.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Put meat on onions, add broth mixture and cover tightly.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Put potatoes and fruit around beef.
- Cover tightly, bake 1 hour or until beef and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board.
- Remove potatoes and fruit with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- Cut meat in thin slices across the grain.
- Skim fat off pan juices, spoon juices over beef, potatoes and fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.