Makes 6 servings.
- 2 slices Bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 10-3/4-ounce can condensed cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms (drain; reserve liquid)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Beef bouillon cubes
- Cook Bacon in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add Onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and Beef; cook until meat and vegetables are tender but not brown.
- Stir frequently to crumble meat. Add soup, Mushrooms, rice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bouillon cubes dissolved in Mushroom liquid.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.