- 500 g beef eye fillet
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar, grated
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 onions, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Slice the beef into thin pieces.
- Mix the lemon rind, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cilantro, palm sugar and 2 tablespoons oil, add to the beef and toss to coat well.
- Cover with a lid and chill for 1 hour to marinade.
- Heat the wok with the remaining oil.
- Add the beef and stir-fry in batches until well browned.
- Add the scallions and coconut and continue to stir-fry for another 1 minute.
- Add back all the meat to the wok with the coconut milk and stir until heated through.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.