Makes 6 servings (2 skewers each)
- 1½ to 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- ⅓ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice, cooked in beef broth
- Cut meat in 1¼ to 1½-inch cubes. Place in shallow dish and add salad dressing. Mix well. Cover and let marinate 30 minutes. If marinated longer, refrigerate.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Set mushroom caps aside; use stems another time.
- Cut zucchini into 12 half-inch crosswise slices. Remove stems from tomatoes. Remove meat from marinade.
- Thread skewers alternately with vegetables using 3 pieces meat, 2 slices zucchini, 2 mushrooms, and ending with tomato on 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with remaining marinade. Broil about 3 minutes from source of heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve on fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.