- 500 g of diced beef
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 packet of French onion soup mix
- 1 x 440 g can of pineapple pieces or half a fresh pineapple
- 1 pinch of ground ginger or a small amount of fresh ginger - the latter is better
- Coat the beef with the plain flour.
- Brown the beef and the bacon in a pan.
- Put the beef and bacon into a casserole dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the balance of the flour.
- Add water and stir to give a smooth consistency.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180 – 200°C) for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with boiled rice or mashed potato.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.