Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds tenderized round Steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- Season Beef strips with chili powder, salt and garlic powder; let stand about 30 minutes. This allows for absorption of spice flavors.
- Combine rice, Peas, parsley and Onion powder; toss lightly.
- Pack into 1-1/2-quart ring mold. Cover and place mold in pan of hot water until serving time.
- Cook Steak in oil in large skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Unmold rice ring on serving platter; fill ring with meat mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.