Use leftover beef and serve with thick slices of fresh tomato and Bermuda onion.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Cunningham
- Typed by Susan Godfrey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Serves 4
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb cooked beef, in bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups gravy, leftover or improvised
- 4 carrots, cooked and sliced
- 3 potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 recipe basic pastry for 9-inch shell
- Fry the bacon until soft but cooked and drain on paper towels; discard all but 3 tbsp of the bacon fat in the skillet, add the onion, and cook until soft.
- Add the beef, gravy, carrots, potatoes, and cinnamon, stirring constantly until bubbling.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put beef mixture into a deep pie dish or shallow casserole.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pastry and place on top; crimp the edges and cut a small vent on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until bubbling and top is golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.