- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 1- inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, or 2 tablespoons fresh
- 2 cups canned peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- ½ cup pitted green or black olives
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Heat oil in a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté beef 3–4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Add tarragon, tomatoes, orange zest and wine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and stew 45–50 minutes or until meat is done.
- If stew becomes too thick, add a little water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in and sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.