- 100 g lean sirloin steaks
- 1 large red onion, finely slice
- ½ cucumber, finely slice into matchsticks
- 8 – 10 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 small carrot, finely slice into matchsticks
- fresh ginger, finely slice into matchsticks
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 red chilies, finely sliced,to garnish
- fresh coriander
- mint leaves
- Grill the sirlion steaks until they are medium-rare,then allow to rest for 13 minutes.
- When cool,thinly slice the beef and put the slices in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced onion, cucumber, lettuce, carrot, ginger and lemon grass.
- In small bowl put the sugar with water, lime juice, rice wine and fish sauce and mix well into a large bowl.
- Add the spring onion, chillies, coriander and mint to garnished.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.