In Romanian: Salata de boeuf.
- 4 – 5 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 parsnip (optional)
- 1 large celery root
- a handful of green peas
- 2 pickles
- ½ lb / 250 g poultry breast or beef sirloin
- You get the best beef salad by boiling the vegetables with the meat (soup).
- Cube the potatoes and all other vegetables.
- The same goes for the meat and pickles.
- Place all in a bowl, add the peas, salt and let rest until you prepare the mayo.
- Sieve a hard boiled egg.
- Place it in a bowl.
- Add a little oil, mix with a spoon, add a raw yolk and add oil, a little at a time, stirring continuously in the same direction.
- When it starts to thicken, add another raw yolk and again oil a little at a time.
- Do this until all yolks and all oil is used up.
- Then add mustard, a little at a time and stirring continuously and the lemon juice, again stirring continuously.
- Add ¾ of the mayo to the meat and vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Add salt if needed.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Smooth with a knife and then cover with the rest of the mayo.
- Garnish with a few, hard boiled egg white, or egg slices, pickled red peppers, parsley, etc.
- Try to shape flowers, other designs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.