- 1½ lbs beef top round steak
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1¼ cups dried bread crumbs
- 2 tsp flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Pound each beef top round steak to ⅛" thickness.
- Cut steaks into about 2" to 4" pieces.
- In pie plate, beat egg with milk.
- On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Dip meat in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In 12" skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Cook garlic and one-third of meat until meat is lightly browned; remove to platter; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining meat, using ½ cup butter in all.
- In cup, mix water with flour.
- Discard garlic; melt remaining butter in skillet.
- Add water mixture, parsley, bouillon.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened; pour over meat.
- Serve with rice and peas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.