Make these ahead of time and freeze in a single layer. Deep-fry the beef spring rolls when ready to serve. With crispy taste and beefy flavor, every fried roll is red-hot, crunchy fun!
- 250 g. ground beef
- 50 g. bean thread noodles
- 1 medium carrot, grated coarsely
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 10 tsp. soy sauce, dark or light only, reserving 5 teaspoons for dipping
- 20 spring roll pastry sheets
- Place noodles in large bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine beef, noodles, carrot, ginger, spring onions, and soy sauce.
- Moisten edges of spring roll wrappers and place on board in a diamond shape with one corner facing you.
- Place 25 grams beef mixture on edge of the spring roll wrapper. Roll up tightly, just folding ends to form a rectangular roll approximately 12 cm long.
- Place oil in large, deep pan to a depth of approx. 3 cm. Heat over moderately high heat. Test as described below before frying.
- Fry spring rolls a few at a time for 6 – 8 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve immediately with the small bowl of soy sauce for dipping, as well as over white rice.