Description EditA classic, true Japanese take on meat - this fresh, simplified meat dish is made and mixed with spices, condiments, and real fruit juice and keeps a juicy, red-hot aroma with the beef.
For the meat base Edit
- 1 ½ pound boneless beef round steak
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅔ cup pineapple syrup, drained from the canned pineapple or (1 cup pineapple juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, dark or light only
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
Fried rice Edit
- ¾ cup chopped onion, red, white, or yellow only
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 ¼ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cold, cooked rice, white only
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Meat base Edit
- Partially freeze beef. Cut into thin strips about ⅛-inch thick.
- Combine garlic powder, ginger, mustard, pineapple syrup, soy sauce and pepper sauce. Pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Drain the marinade from meat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup marinade.
- Bring the remaining marinade to a boil in a fresh, small saucepan.
- Stir with the cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened; keep warm.
- Stir-fry half of the beef in a small amount of oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat until lightly browned about 1 minute.
- Do not overcook or meat will be tough. Repeat the with remaining meat.
- Combine with sauce. Serve over beds of fried rice.
Fried rice Edit
- Cook onion and green pepper in oil until soft but not brown.
- Add garlic powder and rice. Heat thoroughly.
- Add the egg and soy sauce.
- Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is firm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.