Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into ¾-inch crumbles.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Pour off drippings.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add beef; toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in large bowl; toss well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.