Beef and Broccoli Noodle Soup from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour to marinate beef, 30 minutes to cook soup
- Serves: 4
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces lean beef, trimmed of excess fat
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3¾ cups low-sodium beef broth
- 5 baby corns, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced (white part only) or 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine garlic, green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Slice beef into thin strips then add to soy sauce mixture and stir until well-coated.
- Cover then marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Place beef broth in a large saucepan then bring to a boil.
- Add the beef with the marinade, the baby corns, leek, and broccoli.
- Cover then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and chili powder, cover and simmer for an additional 3 minutes then serve.
- Wrap beef in plastic wrap then place in a freezer for about ½ hour to partially freeze to make it easier to slice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.