Makes 4 servings.
- 3/4 pound Beef sirloin, cut into strips
- garlic salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Broccoli flowerets
- 3/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- Season Beef with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Cook Beef, Broccoli and pepper in oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove Beef and vegetables; set aside.
- Cook Onion in butter until soft.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sherry; stir until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup broth; cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in Cheese, milk and reserved Beef mixture; serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.