- If you are using peanuts (instead of Peanut butter), make your own homemade Peanut paste:
- Remove the peanuts' shells, roast the peanuts on a baking sheet in a hot oven, or in a large skillet on the stove, stirring often, then remove the skins.
- Place the peanuts in a saucepan, add enough water to partially cover them and bring to a slow boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat.
- Crush peanuts with a potato-masher.
- Bring greens to boil.
- In a separate stew pot, sauté meat in oil, reduce heat.
- Add the greens to the meat and simmer for an hour.
- When the greens are nearly fully cooked, pour out most of the water.
- Add the Peanut butter (or Peanut paste) and spices.
- Simmer on very low heat.