This macaroni-based dish is made with real, ground beef and cheese, enriched with herbs, spices, and tomato soup, and baked to monumental or savory, red-hot perfection.
- 1 cup macaroni, raw
- ½ lbs. ground Beef
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tsp. chili powder, reserve 3 teaspoons for sprinkling
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper, freshly ground
- 1 can tomato soup or (1 cup tomato sauce, dissolved or mixed with 1 cup water)
- 1 oz. cheese (Cheddar, Colby, Swiss, Mozzarella, Parmesan, or Manchego)
- Cook macaroni about 7 minutes. Brown meat in a large saucepan and drain off all fat. Add garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and cook on low about 5 minutes. Add cooked macaroni and tomato soup or (tomato sauce mixed with water). Heat thoroughly. Just before serving, add grated xheese.
- Cover and heat until cheese melts. Serve hot and plain or with other dishes. Sprinkle with the chili powder, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.