Makes 5 servings
- 1 large garlic clove [about ⅙ ounce, 5g], peeled
- fresh ginger, peeled and cut into a ¾-inch [2 cm] cube
- 1 stick unsalted butter [4 ounces, 110g]
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck [450g], cut into 1 -inch [2.5 cm] cubes
- ½ cup water [120ml]
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium fresh green chili peppers [about 1 ounce total, 30g], seeded and cut into julienne strips
- 1⅓ cups fresh oyster mushrooms [about 2½ ounces, 70g], stemmed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the onion coarsely with the metal blade of a food processor, about 4 pulses.
- Set aside.
- Drop the garlic and ginger through the feed tube with the motor running and chop finely, about 10 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the beef, onion, water, and salt and simmer over low heat until just tender, about 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and remaining ingredients and cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.