This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Roark Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1984.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion
- 10 medium garlic cloves
- 5 serrano peppers
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1¾ pound top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions cut into narrow wedges
- 3 bell peppers cut into narrow strips
- 12 flour tortillas steamed
- 2 limes wedged
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- Combine all marinade ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Reserve half the marinade and refrigerate.
- Spread remaining half of marinade on steak coating all sides.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator several hours.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over high heat then add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
- Mix reserved marinade into onion mixture and heat through.
- Slice steak across grain into narrow strips then toss with onion mixture in skillet.
- To assemble fajitas fill tortilla with beef onion combination then squirt with lime juice and top with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.