This soup is also known as Soto Bandung in Indonesia.
- 350 g brisket
- 2 liters water
- 2 salam leaves or bay leaves
- 1 cm galangal, bruised
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, sliced finely and fried
- 75 g white soybeans, blanched and cooled
- 200 g white radish, peeled and sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced finely
- 2 sprigs Chinese parsley, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
Spicy Sauce Edit
Serve with Edit
- Combine all the ingredients for the spicy sauce and mix well.
- Use a pot to boil the beef with salam leaves or bay leaves and galangal and salt until tender.
- Remove the beef from the pot, reserving 1.5 liters of the stock.
- Cut the beef into 1 cm cubes and add to the stock.
- Add fried garlic and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Add radish to the beef stock and simmer until cooked.
- Drain soybeans and add a dash of salt.
- Fry until dry and golden brown, then drain.
- Serve the soup garnished with scallions, Chinese parsley, fried soybeans and fried shallots.
- Serve with spicy sauce, sweet soy sauce and a few slices of lime.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.