- 1 – 2 pounds of stew meat, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes or lemons, and/or a tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 chile pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 3 – 4 tomatoes, chopped (or canned tomatoes)
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 3 – 4 teaspoons of cumin
- African hot sauce, or cayenne pepper or red pepper to taste
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- several mint leaves (optional)
- In a large pot, bring the meat to a boil in an inch of water. Cover and reduce heat.
- While the meat is cooking, make a sauce by combining all the remaining ingredients in a separate pot. Bring to a slow boil. Turn off heat.
- Add the sauce to the meat. Simmer until meat is done, and then simmer some more.
- Serve with Baton de Manioc / Chikwangue or Fufu.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.