In Indonesia, this cuisine is also known locally as daging asam.
- 1 kg beef
- 1 liter coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 shallots, sliced finely
- ½ nutmeg
- 3 cm cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 5 carambolas, cut into small pieces
Spices (ground) Edit
- Cut the beef into bite-size of 2 cm cubes.
- Thoroughly mixed the ground spices with the beef and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with the margarine and saute the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the shallots and fry until soft.
- Mix in the beef, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Stir fry until fragrant before pouring in the coconut milk.
- When the beef is near tender, add the potatoes, tamarind juice and carambolas.
- Simmer until the ingredients are cooked and the gravy has thickened.
- Serve while hot with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.