Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yield: 4 servings
- 10 Chinese black mushrooms
- ½ pound flank steak
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 scallion, shredded
- Place mushrooms in bowl; cover with 1 cup warm water, and soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain, discard tough stems and quarter the caps.
- Set aside.
- Trim all fat from meat, and slice in thin strips across the grain of the meat.
- Place in bowl.
- Mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 4 teaspoons cold water; add to meat.
- Add egg white and stir to coat meat.
- Set aside.
- Mix remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 4 teaspoons cold water; reserve.
- Heat a wok over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add ½ cup oil and swirl around wok.
- Add ½ teaspoon each ginger and garlic and the beef mix; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok, draining oil.
- Put 2 tablespoons oil in wok and heat.
- Stir-fry remaining ½ teaspoon garlic and ginger until brown.
- Add reserved beef mix, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and wine.
- Stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Thicken with reserved cornstarch mix, stirring gently.
- Pour into serving dish, and garnish with shredded scallion.
Nutritional information Edit
- 195 Cal (59% from Fat, 34% from Protein, 7% from Carb) | 17g Protein | 13g Tot Fat | 3g Carb | 0g Fiber | 8mg Calcium | 2mg Iron | 145 mg Sodium | 38 mg Cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.