The secret to this popular restaurant dish is to marinate the Beef in a bit of oil
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean Beef, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
Marinade for Beef:
- Other Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) Broccoli, flowerets removed, slice on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooking oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (30 mL) oyster sauce
- 1/2 jar of oysters (drained)
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) light soy sauce
- 3/4 Tbsp (10 mL) dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Sugar
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (if desired)
- Slice Beef and mix together marinade ingredients. Add marinade to Beef and marinate for thirty minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to Beef, mix in thoroughly, and marinate Beef for another thirty minutes.
- While Beef is marinating, prepare the vegetables.
- Heat wok and add 1 cup of oil. When oil is ready, add Beef and stir-fry until it is nearly cooked.
- Remove Beef and set aside on a plate. Drain the wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Add 1/2 cup water to wok. Bring the water to a boil and add the Broccoli.
- Cover and cook until Broccoli is cooked through. Remove from wok and reserve with the beef.
- Drain and dry the wok.
- Heat wok and add oil (about 2 tablespoons). Add the garlic and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add oysters and cook another minui\te.
- Add vegetables and Beef and mix together. Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the sauce ingredients.
- Add cornstarch, stirring to thicken. Mix sauce together with other ingredients. Serve hot.
Beef Broccoli Videos Edit
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.