- 750 gm of Oysters blade steak
- 1¼ cups of prunes, with the stones removed
- some plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fruit chutney
- ¾ cup of beef stock
- After removing any excess fat from the meat, cut it into 3 cm squares and coat them with the seasoned flour.
- Put layers of the meat, prunes and onions in a greased oven-proof dish, sprinkling each layer with some of the brown sugar.
- Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce and chutney.
- Stir in the beef stock.
- Pour the mixture into the dish with the meat.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice, pasta or vegetables of your choice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.