- 9 oz (2¼ cups) uncooked macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz (1½ cups) shredded American cheese
- Cook macaroni in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown ground beef, chopped onions, chopped celery, and chopped green peppers until mixture falls apart. Drain off fat and discard.
- Mix in canned spaghetti sauce and cooked, drained macaroni.
- Pour total mixture into a baking pan or casserole. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 °F for 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is lightly browned and mixture is bubbling.
Makes 7 (1 cup) servings.
- Spaghetti Sauce (Meatless) by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.