Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds lean, boneless round steak, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 x 15- to 16-ounce cans black beans, undrained
- 2 x 14½-ounce cans chicken broth
- 2 x 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 6 cups cooked rice
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add steak, cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally or until steak is just browned.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, and chilies.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup rice in each of 6 serving bowls.
- Spoon 1½ cups chili over rice, garnish with cilantro and sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.