- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 package Betty Crocker hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant chopped Onion
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed Chicken gumbo soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (4 ounces)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
Cook Beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
Slightly crush potatoes. Stir potatoes and remaining ingredients except Cheese and buns into Beef in skillet.
Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and potatoes are tender.
Stir in Cheese until melted. Fill buns with Beef mixture.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase hot water to 2 1/2 cups.
- Makes 12 sandwiches