- Makes 12 sandwiches
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package Betty Crocker hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon instant chopped onion
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed chicken gumbo soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Slightly crush potatoes.
- Stir potatoes and remaining ingredients except cheese and buns into beef in skillet.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Fill buns with beef mixture.
- High altitude (3500 – 6500 ft): increase hot water to 2½ cups.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.