- 1/2 pound lean ground beef, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) chili without beans
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup low-sodium shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, add ground beef and onion.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until ground beef reaches an internal temperature 155 °F for 15 seconds. (Judge doneness by temperature, not color or texture of the food) and onion is soft, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in chili, tomatoes, and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 minutes.
- In 1 1/2-quart baking dish stir together the macaroni, egg and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add meat mixture and stir well. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Chili without Beans by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.