- 2 lbs haddock, fresh, in 3 inch lengths batter
- 2 bottles of beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and ½ to 1 bottle of beer (depending on how thin or thick you would like the batter).
- Remember, always add more flour if batter is too thin.
- Dip pieces of haddock in batter and place directly in a pan of hot oil on the barbecue or place haddock directly on the barbecue.
- Cook each piece for 5 minutes and turn when golden, then cook other side for 5 minutes until golden - low to medium heat.
- When cooked, drizzle with lemon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.