- 2 lbs tiger prawn
- 24 oz beer
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Heat 4 quarts water to a boil in a stockpot, over a moderately-high flame.
- Add beer, garlic, salt, thyme, bay leaves, celery seed, parsley, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, return to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Drain well and remove to a serving bowl or platter.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce.
- Serve shrimp hot, accompanied by a spiced butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.