Makes about 4 cups
- 1 envelope golden onion soup mix
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup beer, any regular beer
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- use any of the following veggies 'n' things to equal 4 to 5 cups:
- In deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat golden onion recipe soup mix, flour, baking powder, eggs, mustard and beer until smooth and well blended.
- Let batter stand 10 minutes.
- Dip suggested veggies 'n' things into batter, then carefully drop into hot oil.
- Fry, turning once, until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.