- 8 cups milk
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp chicken base 
- 16 oz Cheez Whiz ®
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup beer
- ⅛ tsp msg (I did not use)
- cayenne pepper
- Combine milk, Tabasco, Worcestershire, chicken base, and msg.
- Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Add cheeze whiz, after warming in hot water or in microwave.
- Mix in well.
- Dissolve cornstarch completely in the water.
- Add to soup, which should thicken immediately.
- Reduce heat a bit and stir in beer.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and dust with cayenne pepper.
- ↑ Chicken base can be found in the spice section. I used Schilling's Chicken flavor base. Spice islands also has a product called chicken flavor stock base that is probably the same thing. I would like to give credit to Scott Hammon, whose extra efforts succeeded in wrangling this recipe from Baby Doe's chef. Since it's been many years since I sampled this soup at the restaurant in Dallas, I can't judge how closely this approximates the original. But at least the results are tasty! hope all who try it will enjoy it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.