- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold sifted flour, baking powder and salt into egg mixture.
- Heat beer.
- Add beer and melted butter at once to batter.
- Pour into greased cherry-lined tube or molded pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Turn out on cake rack to cool.
- Prick top of cake and drizzle with 4 tbsp of warm beer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.