- 1 lb beets (fresh and boiled or roasted is best, but canned beets work out fine)
- 8 – 12 prunes, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ – ½ cup walnuts (pre-ground if not using a food processor)
- salt, to taste
- mayonnaise, to taste (optional)
- For a smooth style salad or spread: toss everything in a food processor; pulse until mixed well; season with salt, pepper, and mayo (optional) to taste.
- For a chunkier style salad: grate beets on the medium side of a grater; grind or finely chop walnuts (or, buy them pre-ground); mince prunes (or grind them with walnuts in a food processor or by hand); mix everything together and season to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.