- 4 medium beets
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons dried dill or 1 tablespoons fresh dill
- Wash the beets and cut off the tops.
- Peel the beets, slice them into ¼ inch thick rounds, and steam over boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place into a serving dish.
- Combine the mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and dill.
- Pour over the cooked beets and toss to mix.
- Serve hot or chilled, or add to green salads.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.