- This is for 8 servings.
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ½ lb Belgian endive (2 endive)
- ½ lb crabmeat (can substitute bay shrimp)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup basil, fresh, chopped
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving dish and set aside.
- Trim ⅛ inch off the stem end of the endive and separate the leaves.
- Discard any that are brown and rinse the remaining leaves under cold water.
- Lay them on a paper towel to dry.
- Put the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor, and turn the machine on.
- Drop in the garlic and process until the mayonnaise is smooth.
- Stir the crabmeat, ⅓ cup of the mayonnaise and salt together in a bowl.
- Stuff each endive leaf with a heaping teaspoon of the crab mixture and arrange them on the serving dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.