Looking for a simple dip that would complement the slight bitterness in Belgian endive, we added yogurt-salmon mixture. Great taste and makes a fine appetizer !
- 4 x Heads Belgian endive
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup Minced celery
- 2 tbl Minced Shallots
- 2 tbl Minced pimento
- 2 tbl Minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp Grated lemon peel
- 1/2 lb Cooked salmon chilled and Flaked
- Few dropshot pepper sauce
- Wash the Endive and pat dry. Trim root ends and separate leaves.
- Combine the yogurt, celery, Shallots, pimento, dill, and lemon peel.
- Gently stir in the salmon.
- Season to taste withhot pepper sauce.
- Mound mixture in a shallow bowl and tuck the Endive leaves around the edges.
MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.