- Makes 4 servings.
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 1 bottle beer
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 thick slices French bread
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add chicken stock, beer, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Broil bread on one side about 3 inches from heat.
- Turn, sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese, and broil 1–2 minutes more, until lightly browned.
- Pour soup into bowls.
- Add cheese-covered bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.