- h1¾ cups all purpose flour 196 g
- 2 cups sugar 450 g
- ½ – ¾ cups cocoa 112 g
- 1½ tsp baking powder 6 ml
- ¾ tsp baking soda 4 ml
- ½ tsp salt 2 ml
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk 50 ml
- ½ cup vegetable oil 125 ml
- 2 tsp vanilla 10 ml
- 1 cup boiling water 250 ml
- Heat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Grease and flour two 9" round layer cake pans.
- In large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients (i.e. flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and soda, salt (mix dry ingredients).
- Add, eggs, milk, vanilla and oil, beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (mixture will be thin.
- Pour in two cake pans and bake for 30 – 35 minutes (cool for a few minutes, then remove from tin).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.