- Beat egg whites with rotary beater or electric mix at high speed until the foam stands in peak when the beater is withdrawn slowly.
- Add ½ of the sugar and lime juice.
- Meringue will begin to look glossy and will stand in stiff peaks when beater is withdrawn.
- Add the other ½ of the sugar.
- Continue to beat well.
- Spread over pie filling sealing it carefully to the edge of crust.
- Swirl top to decorate.
- Bake at 325°F / 165°C until slightly brown (for 15 – 20 minutes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.