- 1 lb beans 450 g
- ½ tsp pepper 2 ml
- ½ tsp thyme 2 ml
- 1 tsp salt 5 ml
- 2 plugs garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 dried coconut (grated) (to give 1 cup milk)
- 2 lbs rice 900 g
- 1 small pig's tail or salted beef (optional, trim fat) or bacon
- 6 – 8 cups water
- Soak beans for 4 – 6 hours.
- Boil beans until tender with garlic, onion, and pig's tail (or use pressure cooker).
- Season beans with black pepper, thyme, and salt.
- Add coconut milk.
- Stir and taste.
- Let boil.
- Clean rice.
- Add clean rice to seasoned beans.
- Stir, then cover.
- Cook until water is absorb or rice is tender.
- If necessary, add more water gradually until rice is tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.