Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 Quart
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup roasted whole almonds
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak raisins in 1 cup water overnight in refrigerator.
- The next day, drain raisins and combine them with pecans, almonds and chocolate chips in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water.
- Gradually whisk in cocoa and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- The chocolate may clump together, but don't worry, the milk will dissolve it.
- Whisk in milk, a little at a time and heat until blended.
- Remove and let cool.
- Whisk eggs in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 – 2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar, a little at a time; then continue mixing until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in cream and vanilla extract and whisk to blend.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1-2 hr, depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and freeze, following manufacturer's directions.
- After ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, add raisin mixture; then continue freezing until ice cream is ready.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.