Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 1 generous quart.
- 2 cups fresh, ripe, very small peaches, finely chopped
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Combine the peaches, ½ cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl.
- Return the peaches to the refrigerator.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 – 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining ¾ cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- Add the peach juice and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the peaches, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.